Lesser Town Square in the heart of Mala Strana. Most of the buildings around the square include the medieval era, but all of them have been remodeled in the Renaissance and Baroque periods, and slightly clouded busy tram intersection.
In the center of the square is the magnificent church of St. Nicholas in the Baroque style and the former Jesuit college. Along it from the top side is a neo-classical facade of the palace of Liechtenstein. All around occupied buildings, which are now converted into cafes, restaurants, bars and small shops. On the east side of the square is the Town Hall (1617-22 years). Nearby is the house «The Flavins», with colorful frescoes of the Annunciation. Other interesting buildings Smiřický Palace and Kaiserstein.
Legend has it that the territory of Lesser Town Square used to be a prison. When the holy relics of the murdered Prince Wenceslas Przemysl were taken to Prague Castle for burial, bulls, drag carts suddenly stopped in front of the prison. As St. Wenceslas was a man who did not allow injustice, someone came up with the idea that maybe the prison is an innocent man. The prisoners were released from bondage and from one of them, they fell themselves. After that, the bulls continued their way. The prisoner was found not guilty and subsequently, on the site of the prison, the Chapel of St. Wenceslas. This chapel was replaced by the present church of St. Nicholas.